Thursday, May 17, 2012

Who is Jane Eyre?


Sean comes out from the shower and tells me he learnt a new word in school today - Prejudice - what it meant and what some of the reasons for people being prejudiced were.  After a short chat about this, he said, "I also know there's a book called Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Eyre."

"Jane Eyre??!!", I laughed, "Nolah, it's Jane Austen! hahaha, Jane Eyre!!".

A minute or so later, he asked, "So who's Jane Eyre?"

I said, "Jane Eyre is this woman who was born blind and deaf."

Sean said, "Wasn't that Helen Keller?"

"Oh ya hor," I sheepishly replied, "Jane Eyre is a book then."

:P  all the ignoramuses in this house!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

So funny, you two! Haven't visited blogs for donkey years! It's been FB all this while. Maybe I should be surf around a bit more :)

Lilian said...

Yeah, maybe you should restart BACK in Germany eh? Version 2.0? Or is it 3.0?

Yesterday, the song IF came on, and I started singing, "If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you...etc". He asked me what that meant and I explained that, well, it means, one picture can tell you more than many words can.

He chuckled as he replied, "Tell that to Helen Keller."

Yikes :P