Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Minimalist Posters of Children's Classics

I love the minimalist posters of Children's Classics from this site.  Sean was with me when we were scrolling through the site and we decided to guess what each pictures was (without looking at the title).  We started guessing after Rapunzel.



I guessed this right.  Sean asked where's the princess? :P

Sean guessed The Ugly Duckling before I did.  The first thing that came to my mind was the song/rhyme that goes 5 little ducks went out one day, over the hills and far away :D

The is pretty obvious.  Not my favourite. 

I got this one before Sean did. It's genius!

I guessed wrongly that this was Jack and the Beanstalk :P

We both couldn't get this one and I wondered aloud why this was Wizard of Oz.  Sean went ohhh, the heart is what the tin man wants, the bulb is the brain that the scarecrow wants, and I said ahhh, the third is the lion's nose :D  Cute.  


Sean guessed Rumplestiltskin! and he was right.  I asked why is this Rumplestiltskin and he said it's the golden thread which the girl had to spin. 


Another obvious one.

We couldn't get this and even after seeing the answer, I went huh?  I don't get it.  Sean said ohhh, that's the bad person and these are the bread crumbs.  Hmmm, looked more like Pacman to me.

Sean's never heard of Rip Van Winkle, I just said the Z is for sleeping, it's someone who slept a very long time.

I guessed this correctly.

We both didn't get this.

Another obvious one.

I didn't get why there was a crescent moon for Alice in Wonderland.  Then Sean said it's the Cheshire Cat's grin :D

These posters are great, my favourites are Alice in Wonderland, Rapunzel, Three Little Pigs and Wizard of Oz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabel and I loved it! Will try with Julianne tomorrow. Isabel said the same thing as Sean, about the cat in Alice in wonderland! Thanks for sharing!

Lilian said...

Oh hey, you're here :D I think these posters would look great in a kid's bedroom.