Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Sean believes

As part of International Week, and reinforcing the notion of Free to Be, Free to Believe, Sean and his classmates were asked to think about what they believed in. It could be anything, factual or otherwise, whatever you believe. This is what I found on Sean's little blog.

This I Believe

By Sean Leong

I believe time is a force.
I believe in God.
I believe there is no limit for anything.
I believe universes are not comprehensible to us and they never will be.
I believe everyone should be free to believe what’s in their hearts.
I believe we should be nice to God because he created us.
I believe diligence is more important than intelligence.
I believe we can help the environment and humanity.
I believe that there are ups and downs in life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is your 8YO? Impressive! Gosh...my 8YO is still sleep talking only....LOL

qx

Lilian said...

haha...the things he thinks about, I don't know where it comes from. The only one I think I have emphasised to him is the one about diligence trumping intelligence, haha, whenever I wanna jolt him out of laziness. I don't even talk about God that much at home, they just say their grace at mealtimes and I pray over them sometimes. When I asked him where he got the Ups and Downs in life bit (which I found to be a rather pessimistic outlook in life for one so young), he said he read it somewhere before and it's also what he believed to be true. He's a funny one.

Tsu Lin + + said...

I'm blown away. His mind works in mysterious ways and tapping into it (virtually), you find gems like these.

Personally, I like his thoughts about the universe :"I believe universes are not comprehensible to us and they never will be."
Not so sure about diligence trumping intelligence :P Although I wish I have more of both!

(word verification says Jealisms)

Lilian said...

Well, you picked his favourite belief. Cos each kid had to pick 1 belief to say while the teacher video-ed them and he chose that.

I don't have diligence, that's why I think it's so important :P

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm impressed!! *clap* *clap* *clap*

Chris