Thursday, September 02, 2010

Chillin' in the Hub

Sean's favourite place in his school has got to be the Elementary School library, or the Hub. Fortunately, during recess/lunch, he actually needs a Hub pass before he can go the the library, or he'd go all the time. He gets the pass once a week, the rest of the time it's off to the playground he goes. There are lots of gorgeous Apple computers in the library, but I don't think Sean goes for these, he goes for the comics. There is even an iPad that can be borrowed for use in the library, but some kid is always hogging it.



I don't really know if he's allowed to lie down like this but I reckon so, the librarian seems really cool and welcoming to all kids. Here's another place he likes to read in. I wish I had a pod like this at home. When I wondered aloud if I would be able to sit on the pod without it collapsing, Sean very kindly said yes, hee hee.



We usually hang out at the hub if I'm in school to pick the kids up and Brian will come by to meet us here. Brian's at the top of the Middle School food chain, but he has no qualms making himself comfortable at the Elementary library too. The ES library is considerably brighter and cheerier than the dark-woodish MS library, so many MS kids like hanging out at the Hub too. Here Brian plops himself right next to Sean to read Garfield.

4 comments:

monlim said...

I love the last pic! Such a nice image of brotherly love. You'll never see L-A and Andre like that :P

Lilian said...

Yes, brotherly love...plus Brian really really wanted to read the Garfield book :P

elan said...

Yes it really warms the heart to see siblings being so warm and cuddly.

elan

Lilian said...

Yes, it really brightens up my day when they are loving to each other. And when they are mean to each other, can also turn my mood dark very quickly!