Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bangkok Burning

It's been a crazy few days. Watching the news and checking twitter, everything seems so surreal. The only indication where we are of anything being amiss was the large crowds at Villa Market stocking up on water and food in preparation for the curfew. We've been having curfew for a few days, not all day curfew thankfully, just from evening till dawn.

Then the government finally cracked down on the reds. No more shuffling about. Everybody's patience was running thin.

But I never expected how it all went so bad. How could they burn Central World down? And many other places in Bangkok too. I didn't get it. I used to think this would never happen in Thailand...guess I was wrong.

It hurt to see Thais go at one another like this. I cried today.

No comments: