Since moving in to our temporary apartment, I've noticed the door of our 2nd bedroom slamming shut by itself when the balconies of that bedroom and the hall were both opened. I shuddered to think what might happen if the boys' hands were near the door.
My worst fears came true yesterday when Sean got two of his fingers slammed by the door. And it wasn't as if he was mucking about, in fact, he was helping me keep clothes which were drying near the balcony. He was in and out of the room and I know I should have been more mindful of the danger, but at that time, it just slipped my mind.
The two nails are now darkened and he is in extreme pain. We've applied soothing and anti-inflammatory gel and also dipped his fingers in cold water all day. He wasn't able to sleep since 10pm as he was crying in pain. This went on all night and his throbbing finger kept me up all night too.
Pictures here are not for the faint of heart. And the fact is, by the time I took the pictures, the swelling had already come down a bit, it was worse yesterday, can you imagine?! *Heart ache*
I took a video of the door slamming when I brought the matter up to the management. They eventually fixed a magnet to keep the door open. The fact is that the sound from the video does not really reflect reality. In reality, the slamming is much louder and it's really thanks to God that the finger wasn't smashed.
This is a backpost and it's been 3 months (this is posted in mid July) and both fingers are back to normal now. It was quite a scare then though.