Friday, March 12, 2010

One last time...Privyet Mockba!

Last week, the boys and I were in Bangkok for 4 days, visiting schools and checking out potential accommodation, either near school or in the city. Eddie stayed back in Moscow; we didn't want to risk him getting stranded in Bangkok cos it was right after the Thaksin trial results (I'm okay being stranded there :))

We've never done such a trip before, in our past postings, schooling decisions were made based on whatever we could find out from the internet. But now that Brian is in Middle School, schooling decisions are becoming more important. So glad we made the trip, because the school I had in mind turned out to be not what we were looking for, while the school I had almost wanted to cancel my meeting with, turned out to be almost everything we were looking for.

I'll talk about that in another post. Here are some photos I took on our return flight to Moscow; this could very well be the last time I say Hello Moscow.

View of Moscow from the airplane. We had descended below the clouds right? Everything looks clear. Hello Moscow!



We descend some more. And suddenly, we couldn't see Moscow anymore. There's another layer of cloud beneath the clouds. Someone explain this to me. There was light snow that day, so I reckon this is just a cloud of snow?


Nice...


Finally, we see Moscow again. And for possibly the final time, I say Hello Moscow!

11 comments:

Puzzled by Puzzles! said...

Happy for you guys! Lovely photos!!!

Lilian said...

Thanks Sandy :)

Syed Danial said...

bangkok sounds awesome :)
i have 4 more years here. then only i'll be going home for good. all the best to you

Lilian said...

All the best to you too, Doc!

Syed Danial said...

have fun on your last days in moscow :)

eunice said...

Good luck on your move to BKK. Are you sad to leave Moscow?

Lilian said...

Er Eunice...you want the PC or unPC answer LOL!

breve1970 said...

Yes... all the best Lilian and family. Am sure you will find the most suitable schools for your boys.:)

Lilian said...

Thanks Ann :)

eunice said...

LOL Lilian, you are like me when I'm asked 'how do you like HCM?'. PC or un PC answer.

Lilian said...

haha...so Eunice, how do you like HCMC? :P