Sunday, January 24, 2010

Only a week? Really?

Wow, has it been only a week since we got back to Moscow? It has..., well, a week and a bit, we arrived on Friday morning, and it's now Saturday. It feels like so long ago that we were in Singapore, and like we've done so much since returning here. Well, I've had tonnes to do, and I still have loads to do, will explain why another day.

On Friday morning, when we arrived, we were welcomed by the usual snowy weather.



It's been so cold this week and I cope by staying in all the time except when I have to do groceries or be in school. But I hear it's pretty much the same story all over the world, so I can't really complain. I mean, you expect this is Russia...but in London? A friend of mine was snowed in at the countryside hotel that she was working in for two whole days. It sounds like the snowfall there is even more than here. Joan has lived in London for more than 10 years and she's never seen snow like this.

Brrrr....

3 comments:

Roslyn said...

My English friend said the last time it got this cold and snowy was more than 30 years ago when she was little. This winter's really out of the ordinary.

monlim said...

It's funny that you see the cold but for us tropical folks, we see the snow and go "waaah, so fun!" LOL

Lilian said...

haha...you come over now and tell me if it's fun!