Saturday, January 16, 2010

Keeping awake...no easy task

Our flight to Moscow is a 230 am flight and it's always really hard keeping ourselves, especially Sean awake. I remember one flight back last year when it was just me and Sean (Eddie and Brian had gone on an earlier flight). I showered Sean in the evening, then took a shower myself. When I came out of the bathroom at around 9pm, he was fast asleep. I thought I would just let him sleep till we leave for the airport around 1130pm.

When it was time to leave, it was sheer torture trying to wake the little fella up. He just wouldn't budge. After much effort, I finally got him to cooperate by waking up and walking. We got to our cab, where he promptly fell asleep again. When we arrived at Changi Airport, again, I had to smack his face gently many times, pull him up and shake him a bit, before he woke up again.

So he stays awake for a bit till check-in is over. Before entering the boarding gate, he falls asleep again. Then he walks half asleep to the boarding gate, where he promptly falls asleep again. And then we get to the aircraft, he puts on his seatbelt and resumes his sleep.

Anyway, this trip I was pleasantly surprised when Sean stayed awake till we got to our seats. I was already happy when we left our hotel room at 1130pm to see he was still bright and chirpy. For him to last till 2am without complaint, guess my little boy is growing up.

******************************

Our jet-lag this time isn't as bad as before. We managed to stay up till 10pm last night, even though by 5pm, we were all ready to snuggle in bed and doze off. I think Brian is the most jet-lagged as he has been going to bed early and waking up early the past couple of weeks in Singapore. Yesterday, he fell asleep at about 5pm and I had to wake him up for dinner. He just didn't want to wake up. Then after dinner, I gave him hours of computer game time just so he'd keep awake.

It's 8pm now, Brian's doing research for his Humanities project. I allowed Sean to sleep cos really I too cannot tahan anymore. My eyelids are just so heavy.

Nite2 everyone...it's really, really nice to go to bed when you're this sleepy...

4 comments:

monlim said...

Sweet dreams!! Very nice of you to keep up with your one-post-a-day resolution when you're ready to hit Dreamland.

Lilian said...

Hahaha...you know I was posting for the sake of posting. I really could barely keep my eyes open. But really lah, whenever I'm back here, totally lose whatever little blogging mojo there is left.

monlim said...

It takes real grit to keep at it no matter where you are. Some days, I just feel soooo lazy...

Lilian said...

I know myself...if I stop for just a day, that'll be it. Hmm, why do we do this to ourselves? haha...