Thursday, October 22, 2009

Applesauce Cinnamon Bread by.....



...BRIAN!! hahaha, as if I would bake such an angmoh-style bread! On Tuesday, Brian and his classmates made this bread during their Electives class and he brought it home yesterday after the teacher baked the bread. When I took this picture, the bread was already one-third eaten. The biggest fan of this eeks, applesauce cinnamon bread, was...the breadmaker himself.

Sean took one bite and scrunched up his face. I tried to be supportive but couldn't take more than a bite, and we knew Eddie would never eat this. I told Brian if he wasn't the one who baked the bread, he would never eat it (he denies this)! So it's a good thing school is exposing him to different kinds of food, he ended up eating the entire loaf of bread before dinner and he claims it was really delicious.

6 comments:

monlim said...

It looks good what, what's the matter with you!! I would've loved to try it. Tell Brian some people find that food tastes better when they cook it themselves. Not for me, I like my food cooked for me :D

Lilian said...

It looks good, and it probably tastes good to those with angmoh palates...eg you! who has shepherd's pie and carrot cake :)

Brian's already big appetite has become even more humongous since our return to Moscow. He eats everything in sight the moment he comes back from school, and still eats a lot during dinner.

I also like my food cooked for me, unfortunately, I also like food that I cook myself...baahhhh...

Anonymous said...

Lilian, I would love to try, cinnamon is my favourite!! I know my gals would love it too! They both angmoh chiak, especially bread. They can eat bread from morning to nite.

Chris

Lilian said...

LOL! Your girls really angmo jiak ah? Did you buy the zojirushi bread machine?

The cinnamon taste was too strong for me. Y'know, even when cinnamon buns were all the rage in Singapore, I never ate them, just didn't like the smell and taste. A little bit is okay, any more than a tinge is overpowering to me :)

Anonymous said...

Nope, my gd friend passed me her kenwood bread machines that was a white elephant in her house. So may be after this one give way.

My hb's grandma cooked stew chicken with cinnamon stick, very yummy. Prior to that, dun think I ever tasted cinnamon, not even cinnamon bun. After that, I love anything with cinnamon.

Chris

Lilian said...

Your hb's grandma type of cinnamon dish I would also like, cos it's peranakan food :) I use cinnamon stick too in my dishes, eg curry, babi pongtay etc.