Friday, June 12, 2009

My Gorgeous and My Cute

I have this thing I do sometimes as a joke when I see the boys after school. With Brian, I'll go, "Hi Gorgeous!"...and give him a big kiss. Then I'll say, "Oh, you look so gorgeous today, did anyone in school say you looked gorgeous?" His standard reply is always, "No...but no one said I didn't."

Today, Sean went to school in bermudas. After school, I gushed, "Awww, you look so cute today. Did anyone say you were cute today?" He replied No. I said, "What?? Are they blind??" He said firmly, "No, it's just that I'm not cute, and that's fine!"

I think they both have healthier self-esteem than I do!

5 comments:

Alcovelet said...

So farny. Sound like that's the difference pre-adolescent boys and women in general. But wait till Brian is a bit older - could be a different answer ;).

monlim said...

You are such a sweet mummy lah! If I said that to L-A or Andre, they'll think I'm off my rocker!

Lilian said...

Hehe, actually they do think I'm off my rocker! I think I am too :P

bACk in GERMANY said...

Haha... if I said that to Kristin, she would probably say no. But she'd say, it's ok Mommy, because I know I'm the prettiest girl... Vain pot lah! :D

Lilian said...

Your chubby-cheeked big-eyed cutie is brimming with self-confidence!