Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A peek into ME

Did a bunch of quizzes on Facebook this morning, today's an extra slow day, yayyy...

"What Disney Princess are you?": Belle
You are laid back, imaginative and you like people for who they are rather than what they are.

Belle is my favourite Disney Heroine; my least favourite is Annoying Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Beauty and the Beast is also my favourite Disney cartoon and I don't have the dvd! Belle makes good decisions, she's very intelligent, she's kind AND beautiful...oh, btw, the prince that the Beast turned into at the end, gorgeous! I need to get that dvd.

Which celebrity should you marry?": Johnny Depp.
You should marry Johnny Depp. You like the bad boy turned good type, the hotel room trasher turned loveable daddy type. He is your soul mate..

I was mighty happy with this results cos I mean, c'mon, it's Johnny Depp people! I've watched him since 21 Jump Street days and love his acting and quirky choices of roles.

Aiyah, but this Monica had to burst my bubble by taking the same quiz and getting the same results. We now think the quiz is rigged.

"Which crazy bitch are you?": Sylvia Plath.
You are one intense bitch. You are almost abnormally introspective but this is where your abundant creativity flows from. You love handsome, brilliant, creative genius types but you pay the price when their egos and lustful ways cause them to betray you. You are a very intelligent, classy lady with a black streak and can be very emotional at times. You do have a bit of a morbid side but your words often lead you to be misunderstood as a dark figure but that is just how you protect your soft mushy insides..

I have no idea who this psycho is. I kind of agree with the description though given the slant of the quiz, it is an extreme version of what I could be.

"Which Beatles song are you?": I Wanna Hold Your Hand.
You're "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". A hopeless romantic, but a bubbly, exciting popular person. It's impossible not to smile while you're around, and people fall for you as you fall for them. Your smile is what keeps your friends going, and even though on the outside you seem like a confident lover, inside, you're nervous around your crush, but still your cheerful and bubbly personality shines through. Never growing up, you're the life of the party. "Oh, please, say to me, you'll let me be your man, and please, say to me: You'll let me hold your hand!" .

This was my favourite Beatles song when I was a teenager, not anymore. Agree with the part of Never growing up, but I'm definitely not "the life of the party." And I don't really smile a lot; I laugh a lot, but when I'm not laughing, I think I have a pretty frowny look about me, like I'm thinking thinking thinking. My boss at the bank used to say I have a Question Mark look about me!

What Office character are you?": Jim Halpert
You are Jim. You are a down to earth person with a great sense of humor usually at someone elses expense. You are a normal person who everyone likes!.

I only watched The Office UK which I absolutely love. I could watch the entire 2 seasons and Christmas special (there wasn't a 3rd season) again and again. The character Jim is originally Tim in The Office UK; I don't know how different Jim and Tim are cos I don't watch The Office US but Tim's really sweet and I like him though he's really loser-ish.

"Which Designer Handbag are You?": Coach

Fashion is important to you but not at all costs. It comes easy for you and you neither want to put much effort into it nor do you want others to think you dwell on it. You want people to see a classy woman, who has a lot on her plate and yet does it all very well. You are casual classy. You can pull off any look you want, but won't ever be the gal dancing on the table. You like to blend in whether its at a bowling alley, or a cocktail party. Best part is...you always do.

I don't buy designer handbags, not anymore, but even if I still did, I'd never buy Coach; just not my style, at all. I'm not sure about casual classy, but I'm definitely casual casual! Of course I like to blend in, doesn't everybody?  

"What kind of soul do you have": Crystalline.
You have come out with the Crystalline answer for your soul. Crystalline beings are very reflective. They take a very long time to grow and change but when they do, you can't change them back... it is 'set in stone' so to speak. A crystalline person has an easier time giving than taking. When they do receive something, a debt is naturally implied in their minds whether or not it is expected. This is because of a deep sensitivity to people and objects. Crystalline folks are extremely absorbent of all kinds of energy. They would be wise to trust their instinct when it comes to people and objects in their lives. If it isn't for you, you know.. neutralize, energize, and release. That is the natural flow for crystalline souls.. you must learn about your natural abilities and use them for healing in your life..

This is very cheem (deep)...but the bit about "a debt is naturally implied in their minds" is so true. I find it very hard asking for help and when I do get help, I always feel the need to return the favour, in one way or another. 

********************************

Mon reminded me about the school quizzes I did some days ago.

Which Singapore Non-elite School Do You Belong To?: Beatty Secondary School
You are playful and hyperactive but your willful ways are always promptly quelled by an omnipresent discipline master. "Don't bluff me. I know everything," he warns. But true Beatty Students keep some tricks up their sleeves, whether it's taking a different route to escape, or tying a bigger tie knot to hide an unbuttoned collar, nothing can stop your adventurous spirit. Your school is likely to be one of the cleanest and most insect-free, given the strict school policy against sweet food and drinks in class. Appearance-wise, girls in the school regard boys from NCC (Land) as the hottest around. 2008 PSLE Cut-off Point : 223.

I've never heard of this school and don't know where it is. The description is pretty apt, I definitely found all ways to adjust my uniform just to look different and not uniform! In Malaysia, all kids wear the same uniform; I mean I like our turquoise pinafores but all teenagers want to stand out; being a prefect meant that by Form 4, I got to wear a skirt instead of a pinafore but I'd hike the skirt a little higher after school, loosen my tie and fold my sleeves up, just like those Ah Lians I now tsk-tsk-tsk at. Extremely playful in school and I talked a lot. During parent-teacher meetings, the one thing teachers always bring up is I was VERY talkative. Once my teacher changed my seat to another cos I was talking and stifling my laughter too much during class; unfortunately she sat me next to this super cool Malay girl, Anizan, who's even more crazy funny than I was. Boy, that was a fun year.

Which Singaporean Elite School Do You Belong To?: Anglo-Chinese School

You believe more in fun and less in hard work. You feel the weight of countless sportsmen on your shoulders and take particular effort to look and feel good. You are a loyal friend. You are both honored and guilty of your less than sterling standard of Mandarin. You think that you are very misunderstood and many negative impressions of yourself and the school are unjustified. Your career option is either (a) earn a lot of money or (b) spend alot of (your family's) money. In your quiet moments, you think "I don't need luck".

I am still puzzled that the few short questions in the quiz could so accurately describe me. Well, except for the family money part, there is no family money, very unfortunately. I am very much a tomboy at heart so it's no surprise that I belong to a boy's school.

****************************

What word best describes you? : Intellectual..

Intellectual: You pride yourself on your intellect. You are always studying and learning new things. You love spending time working on the most important part of your body, your brain. You have an incredibly high IQ and love discussing world events and politics.

Monica did this quiz first and got the same results; I teased that they forgot the word Snob after Intellectual, she said Takes one to know one...touche! Well, whenever I ask the boys what they liked about me (yeah, fishing for compliments all the time), the two words that always come up are "kind" and "funny"; and I kinda like those word descriptions more :)

13 comments:

monlim said...

My first thought was: aiyoh you too free lah!! LOL!!!

Then my next thought was, the only reason you wanted to post this was Johnny Pirate Depp... no need to angst about it, I concede him to you :D

And you didn't post the ones about your school!

Lilian said...

Hehehe...Thanks I'll take him.

Ya very free, no SA1 mah *low blow*

Oh ya, school quiz coming soon :P

Tsu Lin + + said...

Lilian... Speaking of personality test, have you done a Myers Briggs Temperament Indicator (MBTI)?

It's not a personality test but more about your temperament. I did the actual MBTI when I was working but found an online one which is pretty accurate.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Go do & tell me what are you! (Only 70 questions! Can fill your free time instead of dreaming about JD - I also used to ogle over him)

Lilian said...

I've done the MBTI, see this link What are you?

I'll try out your link and see if it matches my earlier profile.

Lilian said...

The online test gave me the same results as the one I did at work: ISFP. Hmmm...

Tsu Lin + + said...

Oh, i must've missed that post.. how come!?! (You know I'm an avid reader of yours ;p)

I'm an INTP!

Lilian said...

Maybe you tengah tidur that time lah. I wonder if most mummies who spend lots of time online are generally Introverts.

Tsu Lin + + said...

I'm a borderline "I"! I can be an "E" if the topic is something I am passionate about.

But actually you could be right.. Most people (not only moms, ahem!) I know who are "E" doesn't spend as much time online as I (as in, me).

Anonymous said...

Oops! I tried the test and I came up as ENFJ.. Hmm...the only thing I have in common with you is F=feeling, the other is your fave JD is also an ENFJ!

My mothering type is heart-to-heart mother. Temperament: Idealist. Too much to read the details, have not digested yet.

qx

Lilian said...

QX: I actually think of myself as ISTP, so I'd be the complete opposite of you! And the complete opposite of JD too, didn't they say opposites attract hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Lilian: You are probably a cross between artist(ISFP) and mechanic(?, I think they meant engineering)(ISTP) which is best of both worlds, right and left brainer combined and there is good balance. So your concepts of things are strong i.e. great for Math.

Mine is predominant in giving....means I will be sucked dry one day!!! LOLLLL...

Monica is a thinker...so true...she has potential to invent something and you can help her create it then I help both of you give everything away!!!! bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

qx

Lilian said...

QX: You are a big-time Analyser! Tell you what, you give us everything, then we don't have to think and create!

Anonymous said...

Oh, on the contrary, I am iNtuitive leh...never spend enough time to analyse(no THINK)...LOL... I believe the only time I think is in SG Math(forced to think) :P

Thanks for seeing me up leh....but I have nothing to give except motherly love to my child now...LOL, so we really need thinkers and creaters like both of you to keep the world going with new things. :)

qx