Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Getting Real with Virtual Mums

Six other mums and I met up today (okay a couple of days ago actually, this post is late cos I've just been so busy) for lunch at a fellow blogging mum's place. Oh, I'm back in Singapore this week.

Of the six, there was only one (Monica) whom I knew for 'real', two (Adeline and Cindy) I had met once for 'real' but only after knowing them 'virtually', and the other three are Adeline's friends whom I was meeting for 'real' for the first time, Ann, Sarah and Ai Lei.

Adeline was truly the hostess with the mostest LOL, and the rest of us mummies were beneficiaries of her excellent hosting skills. Mouth-watering to-die-for sushi, grilled kurobuta pork, lemon-flavoured cold noodles (it's shockingly delicious) and for the kiddos, spaghetti bolognese.






Kids in attendance were from left Gabriel (Ai Lei's boy), RK (Adeline's son), and my little monkey too. This is a nice picture of them, most of the other shots were....


...like this.


The moment I started snapping pictures, they immediately made silly faces. At the opposite side of the table was Sarah's girl Hannah. Too bad I don't have a clear snapshot of this sweet little girl, so well-behaved, sitting quietly while smiling good-naturedly at the silly antics of the monkeys across the dining table from her :)

Check out these mangoes that Cindy brought. So sweet...tropicalfruit-deprived Sean and I devoured most of the entire plate. And kind Ann also gave me the bag of mangoes she had brought along to take back. Brian loved them, thanks Ann!



We also had chocolates from Moscow, pretty aren't they? All these washed down with really fragrant tie guan yin, tea that Monica had brought back all the way from Beijing. How spoilt were we?! And what gluttons too :) Speaking for myself lah, don't so sensitive LOL!



I think I speak for all though when I say we all had a heckuva wonderful time. Great food aside, the company was also so much fun. We talked, laughed, talked, laughed and talked and laughed some more and totally forgot the time. Hours went by till Ann realised she really, really, REALLY, had to go. As Mon and I were taking a lift from her, we reluctantly dragged ourselves away too.

So my virtual friends, it's been swell getting to know all of you, and till the next time we meet again, thanks for keeping it real!

21 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Oh you're such a tease! Teasing me with food this time. :) And it's really good to be able to make friends... through this medium we call "virtual world"! Thank goodness for the internet.

Lilian said...

Absolutely Tsu Lin! The internet is godsend to roving mums like us, imagine how disconnected I would be without it in Russia. The bonus is meeting like-minded people in the virtual world who turn out pretty darn swell in real life.

monlim said...

Wah, how come your food shots always look so wonderful hah? I want to do it all over again!!! *drooling on keyboard*

Yes, isn't it funny to think we probably never would have met if not for the virtual world? As you said, even though we know each other for "real", we probably wouldn't have become close friends if not for email, blogging, FB etc.

Hope this gives you incentive to come back to SG more often so we can do this all the time!!

monlim said...

And I forgot to add, your Russian chocolates are soooo good. Probably like 1000 calories each but worth it, man.

Lilian said...

Because I'm a Tam Jiak foodie lah, so food-picture-taking comes natural to me I guess :P

I also want to do it all over again, look at the sushi pictures, launuah lah.

I hear the next gathering is a Popiah Party? You guys want to torture me right?

Lilian said...

re chocolates, you only ate 1 right? aiyohhh. Next time I'll get you a box, do the kiddos like chocolates?

monlim said...

We wait for you for popiah party ok? And I ate 2 of the chocs. Wanted to take more but paiseh. Yes my kids like chocs too, but when I have the ones I really like, I will say, "They're mine. Touch them and you die!"

Lilian said...

LOL!! There were many pieces left in the box lah, I think at most only 6 were eaten, everyone so kek ki one.

You so funny about your choc possessiveness. I'm like that too, out of a huge block of chocolate that I like, the kids get a couple of tiny pieces, that also have to beg and hang around like pathetic, hungry, puppies!

They do get lots of M&Ms (Eddie's favourite), Kitkats and Kinderbueno; chocolates that are beneath me hahahaha! I do get Kitkat craving sometimes though :P

monlim said...

Hahaha, yah when the Lindt truffles were half price after the Christmas season, I bought a box and hoarded them. My kids are welcome to the M&Ms and the low grade stuff LOL!!

Lilian said...

Are you talking about the Lindt truffles with red wrapping? Expensive but sooooooo gorgeously delicious, feels like you're eating ice-cream, just better. One of my very favourite chocolates too. Anyway, Lindt is my favourite brand.

monlim said...

Yes, yes, that's the one! It was on sale for $7.50 at NTUC and I finished one whole box BY MYSELF. Even if I did aerobic for one year also cannot work off the calories. But so worth it!!

Lilian said...

I used to buy that in London too, when they have buy 1 free 1. It's crazy delicious, and one box can easily finish in one go lah. It's the kind of chocolate that once you pop one into your mouth, you can't stop! And before you know it, the box is empty and you think,"eh? Did I finish the whole box? Er, yes, you did, fatso!" hehe.

You're making me drool about it now :)

monlim said...

ERGGGHHH... I think we're very bad for each other, giving each other food cravings. Go supermarket and see whether it's on sale or not! Cold Storage - when you go to Robinson's :D

Alcovelet said...

I had to spend the last half hour drooling before I could bring myself to start typing in a comment. Yah, why are your pictures sooo much more gorgeous?? I'm reliving the food again, oh oh *hallunicating*...

Yes it was a fab fab party. And frankly, after seeing the first few drops of the downpour (it was raining buckets!), I didn't even realize it'd stopped raining. And it was great crazy conversation as usual, except in person!

BTW, your uber chocs were consumed by choc monster and myself yesterday. We left one for BH - not so bad lah!

So June - Popiah is waiting for you, ok?

Lilian said...

9pm and I just got back from Robinsons! You two made me spend money lah...I got both your recommendations ie Ad's sunblock and Mon's miracle creme. If my complexion doesn't become gorgeous like both of yours by June, I want my money back okay? hehe.

Yummm, Popiah Party...can't wait for June!

breve1970 said...

What miracle cream, pray tell? Haha

Lilian said...

Ann: Hehe, maybe Monica will blog about it one day. I'll let her share with you lah :) Whoooo...so mysterious....

breve1970 said...

wah... so happening! Cos I haven't had a facial for a very long time. Did you goto Facebook and read "25 things about Me"? I hate facials. Bad bad.

Lilian said...

I don't think I've read your 25 things...I don't think we've added each other on FB. You hunt for me and add me lah, I'm so lazy.

How can you hate facials? Aiyoh, I love love love facials and massages. But your skin still very nice and glowing leh.

breve1970 said...

You got to be kidding lah.. face was under layers of make up

Lilian said...

Look very natural leh. I had lots of ICI on me too :P