Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Treasure from London



Eddie was in London last week for a meeting and bought these 9 tubs of cocoa powder for me. Anyone looking for Green & Black's organic cocoa at High Street Kensington's Waitrose last Wednesday will be disappointed. They're all with ME, they're MINE, ALL MINE!

I have been missing these beauties for so long. Haven't been able to bake my favourite chocolate cake for the longest time cos I had run out of cocoa. This particular brand has been the one I've been using all the while and I didn't want to risk baking a cake no one wants to eat if I use brands like Hershey or Van Houten. I can't find Varlhona (sp?) here and I think the only place to get it in Singapore is Shermay's? That's a bit out of the way for me.

And I'm sure this is much cheaper anyway, only GBP1.65 a tub. Anyone craving for a slice of chocolate cake, come by for tea next week.

8 comments:

monlim said...

ei, you back already?? I wanna try your choc cake!! wah, at GBP1.65, how to beat? And the pound at all time low some more...

Babypowder said...

Cool.. I'll be there next week. Have some decaf coffee ready too, ok? :)

Lilian said...

Mon: haha, nolah, not back yet. The invite was to my home in Moscow :P

Wendy: You say one ah. I'll buy a Nespresso machine just for your visit. And please bring Chubby Chubs along, I'm sure his tubby tummy is all ready for chocolate cake.

monlim said...

WAAAHHHHH!!! Smack you, how can you tempt me like that... am craving serious chocolate cake now :(

Lilian said...

So am I, so am I! It's all Adeline's fault for posting that scrumptious picture of her chocolate cake in her blog.

Actually, in Singapore, don't really need to bake, so many good cake shops. I heard Choc a bloc in Bedok is good, but I've never tried. Don't really like Lana, not chocolatey enough. Awfully Chocolate was good too but heard standard dropped. Where do you usually get your choc cake fix?

monlim said...

Mirana choc fudge. I love it cos it's not all mousse, very jelat like Temptations, but there's moist soft cake and very yummy fudge in between. Mmmm... You make me wanna run out and buy some now!

Babypowder said...

Woo hoo!! I guess I'm in for a major treat then! :) Chubby chubs unfortunately not as enthu about food compared to his mommy. He only likes two things and it's not cereal not porridge! Hee..

Lilian said...

LOL! I know lah, he likes to drink from the Breastpresso machine. Like father like son!

He looks so big that I thought he's the type to wallop anything. It's true then that nothing beats mother's milk.

You should watch Little Britain some time -- "Bitty I want Bitty" :P