Friday, February 20, 2009

KK 2009: Lepak-ing at SIL's

*Pictures from Jan 2009

We spent one afternoon hanging out at my youngest sister-in-law's place and the boys went for a dip in the pool. The rest of the time was spent in front of the TV, with Cartoon Network on. This picture pretty much sums up what the boys do 80% of their holiday in KK, watch Cartoon ALL day. It's not quite as comfortable in Grandma's place though.

 

Home-made Goreng Pisang (Banana Fritters). My sister-in-law makes delicious goreng pisang...
 

...and excellent Teh C too. How not to get fat??

5 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Wow... your SIL's place looks very nice. Even the crockery she uses... coffee cups from Villeroy & Boch right?

Lilian said...

I have no idea if her cups are from V&B, but won't be surprised. Everything about her and in her home is branded.

Speaking of V&B, did you ever go to the V&B outlet some hours away from Frankfurt? I know some wives who bought a few sets from there, but they were cheaper when the currency was still DM. When I was there, didn't think I'd want a set. Now regret not buying.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Nope... I didn't want expensive crockery... fragile... when my kids break them, it will be "sim tiah"!!! But I got my WMF cutlery set!

I already got my WMF pots before I went to Germany.
When I was in FfM, I fell in love with Berndes. So I got this really ex wok, 100 Euro on sale! My husband's eyes almost popped out.
But regretting not getting Schott & Zwiessel wine glasses.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Btw, everything was cheaper when the currency was still DM. Leonardo, Bodum, Alessi etc... too bad, I couldn't ship them back when I was a student!

Lilian said...

I never bought such things too, very sim tiah like you said. For our farewell presents, we did get a very nice cutlery set. And I just went to check, Schott & Zwiessel scotch whisky decanter and glasses.

I loved browsing at the homeware sections of Karstadt and Kaufhof, everything so gorgeous, but couldn't bring myself to buy.