Saturday, February 21, 2009

KK 2009: Final pictures

*Pictures from Jan 2009

Just a few miscellaneous pictures I took. Can anyone find Cherry Fanta anymore these days? I know I haven't seen Cherry Fanta, my favourite soft drink when I was young, in Malaysia or Singapore for a very long time. Then I saw them being sold at Giant in KK! They were significantly pricier than other soft drinks though. Still as good as I remembered.
 

This is where my MIL does her marketing. This picture shows about 1/3 to 1/2 of the market. You get really fresh poultry, fish, vegetables, fruits here. And tiny red chubby cili padis, power! I love buying those really tiny bananas (pisang emas) which are super-sweet, Sean loves them too. I buy a big bunch every time I was here (which was almost every day). This is also where my MIL buys the corn-fed yellow-skin chicken, but you've gotta go to the right stall to get the freshest ones.
 

We passed this road on our way to breakfast one morning and all was fine. An hour later, when we passed this road again on our way home, we see this bent lamp post. Like that also can!
 

What can I say, Malaysia BOLEH!
 

Till my next KK trip, that's all I have of the Land Below the Wind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Pant* *Pant* ....Wow lilian, you supper productive this week! Thanks for sharing the photos, looks like you have had a great time, with all the food!!! My very good friend stay in KK since she got married 10yrs ago but I have yet to pay her a visit. After looking at your photos, I shall send her an email to see when will be the best time for her to bring us around....hahaha.

Chris

Lilian said...

Should definitely go esp since you have friends there to bring you around. And flights are so cheap now, only 2.5 hours to get there.

Let me know if you need any day trip packages, will pass you my SIL2's contact, she works at a tour agency.

Anonymous said...

Tks for the offer, lilian. Will keep that in mind.

Chris