Sunday, February 08, 2009

Exam dream

It's been years since I had an exam dream but I just had a vivid dream of realising I had only 3 weeks to prepare for O levels. In the dream, I told a friend there was no way I could learn my science subjects in the short time. I was thinking up all ways to avoid taking the exam.

From the internet: If you are not prepared for the exam in your dream, what situation in your waking life have you not prepared for? Or, is there anything in your life right now that you feel is “testing you”?

I know exactly what situation in my life right now is testing me. Pretty obvious. We've been having too much fun and our PSLE journey has been somewhat derailed since the start of winter break and suddenly February is staring us in the face.

Thinking back, I only started having exam dreams when I went to NUS. I did not have them throughout my education in Malaysia. What is it about Singapore exams that send shivers down my spine?

These awful dreams have not hounded me for so many years, and now, 2009, the year my oldest son MAY take a major Singapore exam, the PSLEs, I'm haunted again. There is just no ESCAPE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilian, I hope your nightmare was not because of our exchanges! :P
Sandy

Lilian said...

Yalah must be you lah, make me re-enact all the steps or rather obstacles facing me this year! :P