Monday, February 02, 2009

Everybody's birthday 2009

Yesterday was the 7th Day of CNY, or what's called Everybody's Birthday. Earlier in the week, I had suggested to the ladies that we attempt to make our own Yusheng...after all, with the year looking rather dismal, we all need to Lo Hei as high as possible, anything to boost our luck for the year.

We used shredded carrot and turnip, fried wantan skin, fresh salmon, candy ginger, plum sauce, crushed peanuts, sesame oil, pomelo and voila! Made-in-Moscow Yusheng!



It was a HUGE HIT! We ended up eating off May's kitchen table :) Really delicious if we may say so ourselves. The guys were full of praises, and even Eddie who doesn't take salad, ate loads. We're planning to lohei again this coming weekend, at my place. Yum.



Lunch was extremely shiok. May cooked curry chicken and sayur lodeh, oh, and buffalo wings, Lynn brought fish cake, and I made Tomyam Goong. Spicy!



Played mahjong, just one round. Roy was watching us play and trying to learn, and I told him he brought me bad luck, cos the entire game I only won 1 lousy time. Ended up losing the most but Eddie won the most, so we ended up taking $6.80 from the Laws.
We all invited ourselves for dinner, and May cooked up a delicious big plate of noodles, which we gobbled down, together with roti prata and leftover curry.

8 comments:

monlim said...

Hey, your yusheng looks really good! But must get a larger plate lah, this year cannot afford to have wealth spill over, hehe...

Lilian said...

Haha...our plate runneth over mah...Fatt Fatt!

eunice said...

Hi, I'm a kaypo from Monica's blog and saw yours. Wah, your yusheng looks good. I bought mine back from Sin to BKK where I live and we had popiah party. Guess, no matter where we are, we Singaporeans sure love our food!

Lilian said...

Hey Eunice, I know you too from Mon's blog. Yeah, most Singaporeans would tapao lohei ingredients from Singapore. Now that we've discovered this 'recipe', there's no turning back, will DIY from now on.

Popiah party is something I'd love to do one day too. Yum.

Roslyn said...

See your Yu Sang I lao nua. This is my worst CNY ever - no celebration and I'm home alone with the kids.

Lilian said...

Hugs Roslyn, read about your spate of bad luck. You know what they say, when it rains, it pours. BUT after it rains, the rainbow appears. Corny talk, I know, but hope that will cheer you up a bit.

Syed Danial said...

oh ya! sorry that i did not wished you earlier. Happy chinese new year. huhu. May you have a great year ahead :)

Lilian said...

Thanks Danial :)