Friday, January 30, 2009

Learning to tell time



Some mummies were talking about different ways of teaching kids how to tell time. I only managed to dig up this game I bought a couple of years ago when I did my CNY spring-cleaning recently.

These are 12-sided dice, the red die has the numbers 1 to 12 for the hour hand and the blue die the numbers 00 to 55 in intervals of 5 for the minute hand. So all you've gotta do is roll the dice and then you move the hour and minute hands to the correct places. I can't remember if there were written instructions with ways to make the game more interesting, but this was how we "played" with the clock.

4 comments:

Syed Danial said...

oh ya.happy chinese new year to u :).may the year of ox gives u prosperity.

Lilian said...

Thanks Danial for the good wishes...I was actually planning to balik kampung for CNY this year, would have been my first CNY in M'sia since 2004. But tak jadi, was really disappointed.

Domestic Goddess said...

Looks like a fun way to teach time! This is one hurdle I plan to teach my 4yo real soon. I am just so not excited about it! Tsk tsk tsk...

BTW, how did you teach your boys about Money?

Lilian said...

I don't remember how they learnt about money...playing monopoly maybe. I guess it helps that the boys are pretty money-minded...like their mum! :)