Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tokyo Day 7: Last post, finally! YAHOOOO!!!!

Gosh, this blogging on my Tokyo tour was becoming like an albatross around my neck. I so wanted to get it done but just couldn't keep the momentum going. I've had other distractions along the way.

But I'm glad I got it done, and I hope I haven't bored too many of you too much. Holidays are about memories, aren't they? My friend Li Ping's husband has something wise to say about holidays, You are paying for the creation of memories! That's why that family finds every excuse to go on holidays every other quarter! :) So, while it was stressful at times, with petty arguments about who should ask for directions, walking aimlessly, getting lost, arguing about what to eat, dealing with squabbling siblings...when we look back, we laugh about all that, it wasn't then, but it is now very funny. So the memories are all wonderful and now I have them all online!

This is Sean entertaining us while we waited at the hotel lobby for our pick-up. It's from My Fair Lady, pardon the language at the end, but it is part of the lyrics.



Lyrics:
Without your pulling it, the tide comes in
Without your twirling it, the earth can spin
Without your pushing them, the clouds roll by
If they can do without you, ducky, so can I
I shall not feel alone without you
I can stand on my own without you
So go back in your shell
I can do bloody well
Without you...

One more time without clearing of throat, but with eyes bent on tracking the red light on my Canon ixus!



The plastic toys he's playing with at the end of the second video (the clip is cut short on some playbacks, not sure why this happens) are giveaways from his kiddy lunch at Royal Host. It's a yellow tortoise (his favourite thing in the world) and a pink spade.

4 comments:

Alcovelet said...

LIlian, it was becoming obvious that this Japan trip blogging was weighing on you. I'm glad you did it though, cos you have such beautiful pics, and all that glorious food food food!!

You know, if you didn't post the clips on Sean, we'd never have seen the sweet, cute side of him. He always looks like such a serious brainiac, so it's great to see this side of him. Wish they won't grow up so fast, huh?

Lilian said...

Yeah Adeline, there were just so many photos to wade through and I'm not exactly the most descriptive writer around. Well, I'm glad at least you're glad I did it! That makes er, two of us :)

Sean is such a pain when it comes to taking pictures, he either makes obnoxious angry faces or opens his mouth big and tilts his head upwards. Spoils all my pictures with him. Oh, or he just fidgets so much he becomes a blur in my pictures.

Yeah, I have a window period of maybe 1 or 2 years that he still remains cute in videos. Those of you with younger kids, shoot more videos, they don't stay this cute too long!

Anonymous said...

I salute you for your tenacity to complete your tokoyo trip blog and the beautiful pictures. I used to blog and I only did a whole trip for my Tokyo/Disneyland LAMELY in ONE entry and it was in my kid's blog! LOL. *kow-tow*

qx

Lilian said...

Thanks QX. I was wondering too if I'd ever be done with it, was really bogging me down! Just wanted to get it done and over with.