Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tokyo Day 6: Iwamotoro ryokan, Enoshima

Time to head back to our ryokan in Enoshima. We took the quaint Enoden train, "Enoden is a local train which runs between Kamakura and Fujisawa. It has 100 years of its history and loved by people of the retro appearance. It is often used in movies and Dramas." On parts of the track, the windows of the train were merely inches away from the backyard of homes.




Getting dark by the time we reached Enoshima. Yes, we had to make that 20-minute crossing over the bridge again.


Entrance to Iwamotoro Ryokan. I chose this ryokan cos it was one of the cheapest around (I mean compared to those in Hakone and Nikko; there aren't many other ryokans in Enoshima). So told Eddie not to expect anything fancy, cos other nicer ryokans may cost us double.


We paid Y15,000 per person (Sean not counted) for a night, including dinner and breakfast. So it came to Y45,000 or S$680 a night. As it is, I found this too expensive, hence, only one night, just for the ryokan experiencelah. See my name here, the other guests are locals.



A very tired me and Brian in our comfortable Yukata.


While Brian wasn't too enamoured with the yukata, Sean just loved frolicking around in it. The moment he had it on, he started acting the part.


We don't know where he learnt this from, I suspect some cartoon he saw. But he kept doing this throughout our stay.

9 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Sean is so ridiculous, right down to shutting his eyes so tightly and mumbling some prayer! Kids! You wonder where they pick these things up!

Lilian said...

Yup, he is pretty ridiculous. Always up to some nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Lilian, I love Sean's hair style!! Stylo lah!! And he is really cute!! LOL

Chris

Lilian said...

What? That helmet hair style or rather no-style? We've decided to let the boys keep their hair long, keep their ears warm during winter :) Saves money too!

Anonymous said...

After looking at all your photos...I really need a holiday...so contagious... LOL..

qx

Anonymous said...

Yup, helmet hair style, so cute! It's easy for gals, just have long hair. I think my elder gal cut her hair less than one hand count since she was born, my younger one so far only cut twice.

Reading your Japan trip post makes me wants to go Japan!! A country with such a strong culture. You know to speak Japanese? Any trouble with communication?

Chris

Lilian said...

Go go, holidays are good for the soul...plus the travel industry needs a boost.

Talk about communications; my husband speaks some Japanese BUT typically will not ask for directions. Really geram. Surprisingly though, out of 10 people I spoke to, 8 actually responded in English. Really nice of them. The biggest surprise was when we were going to Enoshima, saw this elderly gentleman and I asked him where the ryokan was, and he gave us perfect directions, in perfect English.

And even those who don't speak English will help you the best way they can. Japan is extremely traveller-friendly. Great place to go with kids.

Anonymous said...

Haha...I dun even remember I commented in your Japan trip post.

Well, better late than never.. Japan here I come!!

Chris

Lilian said...

LOL! Enjoy yourself and share your tips when you return!