Friday, November 14, 2008

Depp Distraction



Still have a couple of Tokyo hols posts but the procrastinator in me has been fixing a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle instead. I suppose 500 pieces ain't no biggie to most people but it's a big project for me. I've only ever completed one jigsaw puzzle (not counting kiddy ones), that was when I was staying in the hostel, I remember it was a picture of Leon Lai, a Hongkong tv hearthrob :)

This time, it's Johnny Depp I was 'fixated' with, aiyoh, bad pun. I found this Pirates of the Carribean puzzle at the shopping centre and it was only about S$10, decided to give it a try. When I poured the pieces out, goodness, it was daunting and I wondered to myself why I always pick ambitious projects I have little capability of completing (eg my 1st cross-stitch project was a huge one with cute animals looking on at Baby Jesus, my sis eventually completed it for me, I stitched maybe half a lamb.) But this time, I didn't give up. It took me about 4 days, but I did it. Well, Sean and Brian helped too.

And I realised jigsaw puzzles are actually quite fun, especially towards the middle and end parts. Didn't think I was a jigsaw puzzle kind of person. But it's extremely satisfying when the pieces fit. I was actually reluctant to complete the puzzle, I was having that much fun with it.

My question now is, what do I do with the completed puzzle?

13 comments:

monlim said...

Admire it for a few days, tear it up again and in a year, you'll be ready to do it again! I looooove jigsaw puzzles (no surprises there I guess) and Lesley-Anne does too. Andre claims he does, he got one for Christmas, then after fixing like 5 pieces, he kept moaning that it was so difficult and Lesley-Anne had to help him 3/4 of it!!

Alcovelet said...

Johnny Depp, Yeoow. What a hottie, this one! He's just so off the wall, acting in the wierdest shows, like Sweeney Todd. I think he just wants to work with his kaki's, which include Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton. Anyway, this guy looks unbelievably young! Does he have a pact with the devil or what ??

Alcovelet said...

Oh OH. Did I miss the fact that is the jisgsaw you're talking about? Can't help it - the guy's too pretty lah!

Lilian said...

Mon: Nolah, can't imagine doing this again, no kick. Why don't I just wrap it up and it'll be your Christmas prezzie? hee, just call me Scrooge :)

Adeline: Who doesn't love this guy? Sigh...and...Swoooon...liked him since his 21 Jump Street days. Yup, he is Tim Burton's muse :) Sweeney Todd was pretty cool. You watched Corpse Bride?

Lilian said...

LOL Adeline, and I thought I was bad!

monlim said...

Don't want this Christmas prezzie, you can keep your Depp. But if you ever find one of Wentworth Miller, I'll take it off your hands, second hand also can!!

Alcovelet said...

Corpse Bride? But that's animated! I don't want to watch a cartoon of him! I pay money to watch the real thing!!!

Alcovelet said...

Heat attack, Wentworth Miller... Those clear blue eyes, and he keeps staring into the camera some more.

Lilian said...

What's the deal with this Wentworth guy? Why so many people crazy over him? With a name like that, cannot lah...:P

monlim said...

Who cares about the name? Just stare into those piercing eyes! Ey, how many actors can look that hot with a shaved head??

Lilian said...

But if he had hair, will he still look hot? Piercing eyes, so did you like Rob Lowe back in the 1980s?

Blue piercing eyes does nothing for me.

Actors I consider hot all seem to have dark hair, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr, Keanu Reeves...no blondies...nope, not even Brad Pitt.

monlim said...

I like the dark ones too! But plus piercing eyes... Yup, Rob Lowe, Andy Garcia, Keanu Reeves...

petite fleur said...

I LOVE jigsaw puzzles too altho the only ones I do now are the kiddie ones with Nathaly.

I, too, don't like to redo puzzles. I used to keep them all under my bed. Not sure what my mum did with them after I moved out. I need to ask her the next time I speak to her. I've totally forgotten all about them until now.