Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 7 Tokyo: Last lunch in Tokyo

We got back to Hilton hotel in time for lunch. All week he acts like a clown when I wanted to take pictures, then on this last day he insists on taking a picture here, at the Shinjuku bus stop where Hilton's shuttle picks guests up and drops them off. We were here practically every day.



I had one final food recommendation to check out. In Asakusa, I had found the tempura not quite satisfying, so wanted Eddie to try this tempura restaurant recommended by my friend Noriko, it's called Tsunahachi, and one of its branches is located right at the basement floor of Hilton.

Aaah, this is more like it. The set lunches are pretty reasonable. Can't remember how much now, but really worth it.


Batter was light and taste was great, not overwhelming.


Mine came with sashimi.


Some deep-fried tempura shrimp thingy.


Only Eddie and I ate, cos the boys had had McD after breakfast at the ryokan. But after our tempura lunch, there was still time before our airport limousine bus pick-up, which was 3pm. So we hopped over to Royal Host, where the boys again enjoyed their pseudo-western lunch...yucks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! The tempura looks great and the sashimi looks so fresh! I love eating sashimi!! The chrysanthemum petal they leave on the sashimi make this dish looks beautiful.

Chris

Lilian said...

Looks like you are a fellow foodie Chris :)

Anonymous said...

Lilian, I'm one who live to eat...heehee.

Chris

Lilian said...

Me too, me too. While eating bfast, think of what to eat for lunch, while eating lunch, think of dinner...

Anonymous said...

LOL...me too. I could ask my hb what would he like for next meal when we just finished one. He would then tell me not to talk to him about food till 3hrs later...LOL.

Chris