Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All I get (and need) is Love

Last evening, Sean saw the dinner I cooked for him, and he does what he always does when it's something he loves, he went, "I LOVE YOU MUMMY!" (other times, he goes Yucks!, and sometimes sobs saying he isn't able to eat the food).

He went on to say, "Mummy, you do ALL the work and ALL you get is Love. I think you should get more than that."

:) Ahhh, FINALLY! After ALL this time, someone verbalises appreciation for er, ALL the work I do! Makes ALL my hard work worth while...hehe...

But Sean darling, as The Beatles' song goes, All you need is Love...so if all I get is Love...that's good enough for me sweetheart, that's good enough for me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet hor? Being a girl, my child can express that a zillion times a day(not exaggerating cos I cannot keep up in organising what she gives me daily), either verbal, in messages or in her drawings.

Like you, their love is the best we can ever expect to get and the trueness of it all engulfs the soul.

qx

Lilian said...

Their unconditional (and sometimes conditional upon the food they get!) love is what keeps us going and makes all the extra wrinkles and white hair worth it.

Domestic Goddess said...

Aww,... it is the sweetest thing, isn't it? My 4yo boy says that everyday too and whenever I made him something he loves, he gives me extra dosages of love.

I love what you said about unconditional love. Well put! That is the fuel I need too. :)

Lilian said...

DG: You do so much with your kids, definitely deserving of all their adoring love!

petite fleur said...

I know the feeling.

Nathaly runs around in circles shouting "yeah shabu shabu" (obviously her favorite). But she's generally a very affectionate child so whether it's food or not, she's always giving hugs & kisses.

Enjoying them before she decides it's not cool to do that anymore.