Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Riddles

I got all right except No3 and No4 (though I think my No4 answer is technically right too). You guys wanna give this a go? No cheating by googling okay? Don't need to take more than 5 minutes for this, you either get it or you don't.

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away ?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

10 comments:

Alcovelet said...

1. Room 3 - the lions are dead.
2. She shoots a photo of him and is developing it. Then she goes out with the real deal.
3. A matchstick.
4. a. No. (hahahr). b. Tues, Thurs, Sat, Mon (with alternate skips). c. ??
5. There's no letter e in it?

monlim said...

My guesses:

1. Raging fires (in fireplace)
2. Shoot photo, take shower together, hang picture of husband.
3. Newspaper? dunno...
4. Yesterday, today, tomorrow
5. No 'e' in entire passage.

Lilian said...

1. Adeline and I got this right.
2. I got this right, both of you almost. Think of developing photos in darkrooms. She shoots a picture of her hubby, she dips it in chemical, and then hangs it up!
3. We all got this wrong, but Ad is close. It's charcoal!
4. Mon good job! My guess was saying the days in another language...or saying any 3 consecutive dates, eg Oct 1st, Oct 2nd, Oct 3rd.
5 All of us got this right.

Alcovelet said...

Oi, I got #2 right!! But whoa, Mon, I like your answer better, bwahahahar!!

Lilian said...

oh sorry sorry, hahaha, I knew you got three questions right, honest mistake.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Alamak... my brain is rusty!
I would have just got No.1 right, coz I'd think the prisoner was Daniel! Haha... ;)

Now I know whom to send stuff for proofreading.... no e's eh!

Mon, I would have said yesterday, today, tomorrow too... :p

As for no. 2, I thought of Brangelina.... somehow??? Call me strange :s

Lilian said...

Wahh PP, your bible knowledge is solid ah.

Brangelina cos of Mr & Mrs Smith lah, not so strange now eh? Oh, Brad Pitt shot some photos of Angelina breastfeeding, gonna be published in the arty magazine W. The one picture I saw on the cover, ooh, she looks absolutely divine. See this link.

monlim said...

Yah, I thot my answer for 2 was better too, tho a bit risque!!

PS Showed Lesley-Anne the riddles, she got the lion one right and she said matchstick for 3 too.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Wow... Lilian... so jealous.... never thought anyone could look so gorgeous while breastfeeding twins plus sleep deprivation!
No wonder Brad chose Jolie and not Aniston :p

Lilian said...

Aniston never stood a chance.

Many actresses look really wow! boom! gorgeous right? But after a few years, ay, like not chio anymore. Eg, I used to think Nicole Kidman was so gorgeous, she's still lovely, but not up there anymore. Renee Zellweeger (sp?) was so pretty in Jerry Mcguire, again, just weird-looking now. Cameron Diaz made such an entrance in The Mask, and now, alamak, teruk. I still think, see lah, can't even remember her name now, okay, Kate Beckinsale, is really pretty, but not much personality lah. Eva Mendes was stunning in Training Day, but I think she bulked up a bit.

Re Aniston, I never, ever saw what the fuss was about. Can't act, try to act cute, thin lips...

But Jolie, adoi..., she's still as beautiful or even more beautiful today than she was when we first saw her. And this picture taken by Brad Pitt, breath-taking! Look at her hair, look at her bare face, those lips.

I think her physical beauty is magnified by all the other good humanitarian deeds she does. Her kids always look happy and she comes across as a really cool mom. Who can top that?