Monday, September 08, 2008

Sean turns 6!

5 years ago...


...and yesterday...when Sean turned 6.


Eddie declared that Sean would be King for a Day...this is how the day went for King Sean.

He woke up to find his present right outside his room. He loved this at first, but later declared the telescope (which is so bloody hard to use) was boring cos there wasn't much to see.



Last year, Sean didn't get a home-made cake cos our stuff hadn't arrived yet (we had just moved to Moscow). This time, he insisted on not just cupcakes for his school friends but also a chocolate cake like the one I baked for Brian's birthday last year and the one the boys helped bake for Eddie last week.



Unfortunately, I was running low on icing sugar, only enough for the cupcake frosting. Found a recipe which didn't require icing sugar but it turned out runny, and that is my excuse for the sucky-looking word piping here. Didn't plan to pipe the word "Sixth" here but cream dripped off and the only letter I could make from that blob was 'x'. I also didn't have the right piping tube cos I had absent-mindedly thrown the tube away with the piping bag after decorating Eddie's cake last week.



Sean loved the cake though. We all tucked into the rich cake (I ate the most as usual and continued eating this cake through the day...no discipline!) after taking some pics.




Sean's birthday wish was to have more oranges (?!)...he loves oranges and eats at least 1, usually 2, a day.

He spent the day watching tv, playing Lego, getting all-day tortoise talk from his korkor (Brian's birthday present to him) and Eddie took him downstairs to the playground while I cooked his favourite dinner, ie, baked chicken wings and chicken nuggets. He declared it the best dinner ever! haha, so easy to please.

After dinner, we mucked around with the telescope and had a good look at the moon (not that easy to locate with the telescope, trust me!, move a bit and it's gone from the viewing lens); the half-moon was all yellowish-red last night and quite pretty.

King Sean was then given a choice of watching any movie he wants or a bubble bath. He chose the latter.





Since he was still King, I didn't scream (that much) at them when I found the floor all wet later on. Huge hugs and goodnight kisses in bed for the birthday boy as I told him his birthday will be over when he wakes up and I can start caning him again; the boys giggled when I said that.

Happy 6th Birthday, sweetie pie! You may be all of 6 now, but to mummy, you're still my little baby boy! LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! You're my sweetest, cutest, most darling baby boy in the world, Kiss kiss!

15 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Happy Birthday, Sean!
Wanted to hail the king... but just remember you're no longer a king... sigh! :p
Bet the day you reigned was a huge fun one!

Lilian said...

Thank you Auntie PP. It was great to be King cos mummy couldn't scold me no matter what I did!

Vivian said...

Happy 6th Birthday, Sean!

Alcovelet said...

Happy Birthday Sean!! Love your 1yo pic. And hope you find your way among the stars with your telescope!

monlim said...

Happy bday to Sean! Wah, sounds like it was lots of fun... I can't believe you make your own cake, Lilian, you're amazing! Can share recipe??

Lilian said...

Thankee you dear aunties!

Mon: Gotta learn to bake cos I got so fed up with the cakes abroad, super sweet and sugary. If I'm in Sg, wouldn't bother, just order from Bengawan Solo. And I only ever bake one kind of cake, a very chocolatey cake; must use good cocoa. Recipe can be found in my rarely-updated food blog . You will see there's only 1 cake recipe there!

Roslyn said...

Happy Birthday, Sean! I like the 2nd family pic. Nice effect there.

Lilian said...

Ha Roslyn, that effect wasn't intentional. The picture was overexposed so I had to add shadow, reduce light or something like that using Picasa. I'm really pining for a new camera.

Hsien Lei said...

Happy Birthday, Sean! I owe you and your brother lots of presents. :)

Mummy did a superb job celebrating your birthday, though. Hope you have an exceptional year ahead.

Hsien Lei said...

PS The family photos are lovely!!

Lilian said...

Thank you Auntie Hsien :) Will my present be an orange?

Katherine said...

Dear Sean, happy belated!!! A lot of hugs and kisses from Valerie :)

Time flies! Could not believe you are six years old now. I remembered first time I met you, you were only 3 years plus. I like your mummy's beautiful cupcakes so much :)

Lilian said...

Thank you Auntie Katherine and baby Valerie!

Haha Kat, time really flies huh? Still remember you with your big tummy eating tiramisu at my place in Kew. And now Valerie is gonna be a Da Jie!

Domestic Goddess said...

Aww.. such a lovely post, Lillian! I know I will feel the same about my #2 even when he turns 6! And I love the cake you baked for Sean. You are such an inspiration. I shall try baking my boys some cakes next year. :)

Lilian said...

Thanks dear, well, you still have a number of years to enjoy the two of them.

I only bake cos can't find nice cakes overseas. I think if I'm in Singapore, aiyah, no needlah, so mafan! So many cakeshops with yummy cakes :)