Sunday, September 14, 2008

I WAAAAAAANT (in whiney voice)...

this...NOWWWWWWWW!



Hehe, sounds familiar? Like our kids at the toy store? Well, I don't hanker after the latest designer bags or clothes or shoes, in fact, I don't really like shopping all that much...but I do like me some techie gadgets.

This is the Canon DSLR 1000D; finally a DSLR in a price range I'm willing to pay for, ie $1000 max. Eddie doesn't look at such gadgets at all, instead he can spend hours shopping for and trying on clothes and shoes, which I have absolutely no patience for(yeah, our genders should be switched)...and grumbles that I still have my Sony DSC (suckiest camera ever) and my Canon Ixus (I've outgrown this), so I don't need a new camera, nagnagnag, AND that we'll have to buy a new desktop now that our Mac has gone kaput.

BUT I WAAAAAAAAAAAANT..................

5 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Love this camera to bits!
Really the 450g feels manageable for me. Though some reviews highlighted the slightly small grip, it feels just right for a lady!

I know I have still a lot to learn about this camera. But I'm having a major fun with it right now!!!

And at 1000 SGD, it costs almost as much as an high-end point-and-shoot-compact.

But trust me, Eddie will have to put up with "I-so-wanna-get-a-macro-lens" two weeks right after you lay your hands on EOS 1000D! ;)

Lilian said...

I'll try to be good and not whine for the 'extras' too soon.

At John3:16, should we cite your cousin's name to get the deal you mentioned? And is the 1k all-inclusive price only for cash-payment or also for credit-card payment? Tks.

Hsien Lei said...

I have bought my digital cameras at John 3:16 as well! I'm holding out for the 2nd gen version of the new Nikon D90, the 1st DSLR to shoot video. Meanwhile I may upgrade my Ixus 50 to a newer model.

Lilian said...

Besides Cindy, another friend recommended John3:16 too.

I'm looking for something not much more than SGD1000; that is my threshold for a camera.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Ok... lemme check...