Monday, September 29, 2008

Easy digital scrapbooking



I tried my hand at digital scrapbooking last year(check my blog labels) but quickly lost steam cos it's just so much work. Didn't help that I was so rubbish at using photo-editing software. I was also clogging up my hard-disk with downloads of wallpaper, embellishments and the likes, 99% of which I never used but couldn't bring myself to delete.

But I've found something fantastic, scrapblogging. I first discovered it as a new feature on photobucket; the hardest bit (ie the layouts) has been done for you, all you gotta do is insert your photos, then play around with the layout.

The layout above is what I did with the merry-go-round pictures from the other day. Go check the site out and preserve your precious memories, could be addictive though.

7 comments:

Alcovelet said...

Omigod! That's what I need! 99% of why I blog is to record the photos, of which I take so badly. This gives me incentive to practice and does the perfect job of storing. Tks so much!

Hehehehehe!

monlim said...

cool! did you check out my friend's site www.simplyyin.blogspot.com?

She has some great layouts.

Lilian said...

Adeline: Good, with you to accompany me, I won't feel so guilty spending all my waking moments on my computer.

Monica: Yes, she's really good. Amazing how she finds time to do so much while still working.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Oh... good stuff here!
But gotta figure out how to use it first...

Monica: Love your friend's creativity.... also wonder how people put things simple things together into a fairy tale book... She must be one great story teller!

Lilian said...

You're right PP; the thing I admire about scrapbookers is how they are able to tell their stories not just in their beautiful layouts but in their beautiful writing too.

Alcovelet said...

Monica, just saw your friend's blog. Urb, I can manage the stick-it-on-some-preset-format, so I hope it works out like that ....

monlim said...

Yin is Ryan's (Lesley-Anne's friend) mother. I had no idea she was so creative until I saw her site. Just blew me away! Apparently her layouts even get published in magazines...