Tuesday, September 23, 2008

DSLR pics: Moscow River scenes

Some photos I took yesterday. Went for a walk downstairs with Sean. Our development is right by the Moscow River. First two pictures are of Sean looking at a cascading mini-fountain with the Moscow River behind him.

Btw, any suggestions on how the photos can be improved will be much appreciated. I just went click click click, fiddling with the dials, not really knowing quite what I was doing. With time and experience, I hope I can truly harness the capabilities of the Canon EOS 1000D.





The barrier-fence separating the river from our development. Sean always gives me a heart attack when he steps on the fence to get a better view of the river.


Moscow River and the barge that sailed past later.




Was sunny and bright but don't be fooled, it was COLD!! Poor duckies.






All this turn to frozen ice during winter (we always wonder where the ducks go to); I'll take pictures when that happens. Hmmm...wonder if the camera will work at sub-zero temperature.

10 comments:

monlim said...

This post was just so you could showcase your new toy, right!!!!!

Lilian said...

Of course lah, there'll be more coming up to bore everyone :)

monlim said...

but i must say, very nice pics.

Lilian said...

Thanks, lots more room for improvement.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yippee... kickass photos!!!

Errmmm if you don't mind me sharing... you could try playing with the time value (TV) on manual mode to capture the fountain... see if you can photograph droplets instead of streams of water... then you show me ok? :)

Lilian said...

I did leh...I used 1/2000 or whatever max it was, still cannot make it :(

Lilian said...

And please, please do share your expertise!

bACk in GERMANY said...

I'm also scratching my head...

Wow.. the last pic very nice... your that river very good... got diamonds one! :)

Lilian said...

If the river wasn't so darn cold, I'd be right in there mining for them diamonds.

bACk in GERMANY said...

Never mind lah... you've got good feng-shui already! :)