Friday, September 05, 2008

DON'T...I mean DO...pray-pray :)

For the non-Singlish-Manglish speakers, the title is a play on the word 'play' as pronounced by the Ah Bengs in Singapore. Earlier this week, this piece of A4 sheet came home in Sean's bag.



First we have the parents (ie people like me) looking disgruntled.



And then we have the teacher spouting a prepared passage about the importance of play and how there is indeed method to what some parents might term madness. Whoopee.



And lookie here, these kids sure know some mighty big words, at least in their heads.







What the school is telling us parents through this little comic is, don't question the teachers, they know what's best for your child, any child. Our teachers aren't being idle, so don't even let that thought go through your gancheong mind.

Tell me what you guys think. Me? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

3 comments:

monlim said...

My honest opinion? I think it's highly exaggerated. If someone punches you, you will learn to duck right? Don't overthink everything, I say :P

Hsien Lei said...

ROFLMAO

bACk in GERMANY said...

Wish this was the reality that we're returning to at the end of the year!