Saturday, July 12, 2008

Better than going to the toystore...



...a day at Singapore's Science Centre that is. Took the boys there earlier this week and they could hardly contain their excitement. Sean doesn't get this excited at toystores or candystores or even themeparks. His favourite section was Living with viruses.

I've gotta say though that for me, Science Centre seemed loads more fun when I first visited almost 30 years ago. And the Dinosaurs Alive! show at the Omnitheatre was a bore.

Still, I'll try to take the boys there again, such a long way from where we are though.

5 comments:

tealeafs said...

Were you waiting for the dinosaurs to come alive?? :P

Are you enjoying your stay here? What do you do to pass time?

(Hey, weird y'know. I commented on a previous post but it didn't show up ... censored issit?)

Lilian said...

You so saccharine-sweet, never censor you leh. Are you sure your comment went thru?

Yalah, the dino alive show, I nodded off, almost fell asleep...zzzz...

Yeah yeah enjoying my stay here tremendously. So fast two weeks plus have passed :(

My amazing mum is here, doing all the cooking, cleaning, care of kids; wahhh, reminds me of the good old days. So what's left for me to do? Go lepak lah, shopping, meet up with friends, and once in a while try to bring the boys somewhere even though I don't really feel like it. Like I said, somewhat like the old days except no ferrying of Brian from one enrichment activity to another.

tealeafs said...

Hmm, not sure, but I always thought they did. NM, not important stuff lah.

How long more you gonna be in SG?

SG is nice to be in if on holiday. Otherwise, I find that surviving here on a daily and permanant basis can be really stressful! Even when I'm trying to avoid stress, that's stressful.

Lilian said...

You're right lah, it really is stressful living in Sg, that was how I felt back in 2004 when I was juggling work and home. But what you said about getting stressed from avoiding stress, that's funny :)

tealeafs said...

Guess there's always some kind of guilt that strikes me when I'm avoiding stress. It's like as though that's a bad thing! Tsk tsk! Brainwashed already!