Friday, June 06, 2008

Reincarnation of Mrs Bean (hopefully)



We're trying to find out if a bean plant can survive without its leaves, see this. I managed to get these seeds (picture above) from Sean's teacher. She was in a rush when she grabbed these seeds, and we both weren't sure which was the bean plant seed.

When I showed the seeds to Brian, he said the seeds that looked like peas were pea seeds, so the odd one out must be the bean plant seed. I asked if he was sure, he said he was guessing. So I said I'll just plant the whole lot together with Mr Bean. He protested, and said the pea plant will have tendrils and will strangle the bean plant unless we use skewers.

Pffftpht...so I ended up planting just that odd seed, and hopefully it is indeed Mrs Bean. We'll see in a couple of weeks' time though I wouldn't count on it as I really do not have green fingers. Poor Mrs Bean, reincarnated only to have her head chopped off soon after...BUT sacrifices must be made...all in the name of Science!

No comments: