Tuesday, April 08, 2008

May Day, I mean Day with May...

...and her boys. May and her boys came by yesterday. It's school hols this week and the boys got to just hang out, surf the net for zombie clips, play DS, XBox, bionicles etc etc, boy stuff. May's kids are serious pianists (well, for now May's more serious than they are), so it takes some effort to arrange for our children to spend time together, cos Krit and Kant have competitions, daily piano practices, rehearsals, piano school on weekends; in short, yesterday's playdate is something pretty 'precious' :) These Thai boys savour such dates, cos it means no piano practice! haha, cute fellas.

This hard-to-arrange date was too short for my liking. Because of traffic conditions, they only arrived at 1030am, and they had to leave at 4pm for a rehearsal in the city. I grumbled lots and gave May the evils; she just laughed (are Thais the nicest people in the world or what?). We had loads to do; she had to show me how to make maki rolls. And I had to show her how to make chilli beehoon, baked wings....and still find time to bake the chocolate cake that her kids love. We managed somehow.



Aesthetically though, the cake was the ugliest in all my attempts, cos I forgot to wait for the ganache to cool completely before pouring it over the cake. So upset with myself, I was too impatient to get to lunch! Still, the taste was good, so no one really cared how unsightly it was (eeks, the texture just reminded me of Freddy Krueger's face, bleurrghh).

May packed 3-quarters of the cake home, and by this morning, her boys and hubby had cleaned up the container. I've said it's a super recipe, it really is.

5 comments:

Alcovelet said...

I'm sold!! This should be your next career move if you ever want to work again!!!

Lilian said...

What, bake??? No way! I bake only cakes I like to eat, and I have a huge weakness for moist chocolatey chocolate cakes :) Others have said baking is de-stressing (is there such a word?), unfortunately, for me, baking is distressing!

bACk in GERMANY said...

I want May Day too!!!! :)

Lilian said...

Yours will have to be Puay Day :)

bACk in GERMANY said...

Anything... as long as the menu stays. ;)