Monday, March 03, 2008

What has wheels and flies?

Cindy/PP from Frankfurt challenged me with the riddle above in her comment on this post. I have little patience/aptitude for riddles and quickly googled the answer, and found it pretty funny.

This morning, I posed the question to Brian.

What has wheels and flies?

Brian: A plane?

Hehe, it's actually not wrong eh?...but wrong for this riddle.

Sean jumps in with: A smelly plane?

I asked why A smelly plane?

Sean: Because a plane has wheels and if it's smelly, then flies want to go there.

Haha, he's actually pretty close to the answer!

After typing all the above, I try again, Okay Sean, what else do you think it could be?

Sean: A smelly truck?

Again, really close.

Me: What kind of truck is smelly?

Sean: A dirty truck?

And the answer to the riddle is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A rubbish truck!

3 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Hee... Brian is certainly not wrong. But the joke is on word play. Flies = verb, flies = noun.

The riddle's from the Electric Company. Remember the show?

Good job, Sean! You sure know about flies!

Lilian said...

I loved Electric Company as a child, but that was in the 1970s! I watched it in black and white. Is the show still running?

bACk in GERMANY said...

Loved it, still love it and Bryan loves it too! I'm sure your boys will love it too!

What are you waiting for? Go get the DVDs now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-2614936-8619013?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+electric+company&x=16&y=11