Monday, March 10, 2008

Of Fatty and Fingers




This is Sean's pudgy left hand. Today I heard him referring to his ring finger as Brother. I then found out he has his own names for the different fingers.

From right, what we call the thumb he calls Fatty, well, "that's the fattest one", so nothing strange there.
Next comes Poker "cos it's used to poke anyone", especially Mr Tortoise.
In the middle is Tower "cos it's the tallest one".
Next comes Brother and I'll tell you why later.
The last one, he said is, "Pinky or you can call it Baby."
So why Brother?
Sean said, "Because it's next to the Pinky, and the Brother takes care of the Pinky."

He's of course seeing himself as Pinky or Baby :)

5 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Awww.... he's so cute!

I like the names he gives his fingers!

Sarah said...

Sean is such a darling.

Lilian said...

:) Just last night, actually, just before I woke up this morning, I had a long dream about you and Ian! He was very cute and could already say many words! hahaha. Must have been our recent gmail chat after not talking for so long.

I used to have such dreams about both Brian and Sean when they were babies, ie that they were already talking and walking. My mum would laugh at me when I told her about the dreams :)

Domestic Goddess said...

Lillian, I love your blog posts about your children so much! It sorts of give me a glimpse into the future since I have 2 younger boys. This post makes me grin from ear to ear. Haha! I especially love the Brother and Pinky/Baby part. AWw.. Sean is such a darling!

Lilian said...

Your boys are so close in age, there'll be even more funny things to remember, I'm sure. They look very loving!