Thursday, March 13, 2008

Malaysia, Truly Asia


With all the news Malaysia is making these days (well, at least on the front pages of Singapore's newspapers!), and given that I have nothing to write about, here are some pictures taken during our trip back to Malaysia at the end of last year and early 2008. These ones were taken in Kuala Lumpur. I'll upload those taken in Malacca and Sabah another time.

How's my photo-taking skills?...Above shows the gorgeous Petronas Twin Towers.

The charsiew that Eddie raves about. The shop is located off Jalan Alur, don't ask me which road, it has a Chinese name I think; the charsiew is out of this world! Fatty, crispy, sweet. Okay, the word that I need to use is Caramelised!



Christmas tree in KL's latest swanky mall, Pavillion. Can you see tiny Sean on the right side of the photo?


The boys both insisted on having solo pictures taken, but Mummy said TOGETHER!! Show me some brotherly love!



Is this Putu Mayam or Putu Piring? I think it's the latter, how's that for jolting childhood gastromemories? Yummylah...part of the breakfast buffet at the hotel we stayed in. Malaysian hotels provide the best breakfasts.

5 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

You're making me hungry with all the food!

Hsien Lei said...

Awww. The boys look so sweet.

Lilian said...

I have plenty of other food pictures, just too lazy to post :)

Yeah, they look sweet in this one picture, but once the click is done, they're back to squabbling, wanting to have their pictures taken ALONE.

Roslyn said...

I love that first photo of the towers. Brilliant! Which camera are you using? I'm terrible when it comes to taking night shots.

Lilian said...

I'm using a simple point-and-shoot Canon ixus 800 (I think). Canon is rubbish for night-shots but this turned out okay cos the towers were lit brightly.