Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I guess it's time to ease my way...

...back to the blogging world. For those of you wondering what I've been up to, well, the glamorous excuse is that I've been travelling. Hehe, seriously, I went to London last week, but only for 3 days. Honest! See my happy grin in Piccadilly Circus.



Of course, that only explains at most a week (including planning & packing) of my MIA stunt. The much less glamorous side of it, is that there really isn't anything much in my life to write about these days. Well, I actually have tonnes of photos of miscellaneous stuff I wanted to blog about, so maybe it all boils down to a lack of blogging mojo.

BUT, I do feel the drive returning....let's see how this goes yeah?

............................

Okay, about my London trip. Some of you Nazi mummies are gonna stone me inside your head when you hear what I did; I left my boys in Moscow with our nanny/housekeeper while I flew off to London with Eddie for 2 nights. In total, we were away from the house for 63 hours. We were only in the heart of London (Heathrow not counted) for a total of 43 hours. So the rest of the 20 hours were spent travelling on the road, waiting, checking-in, plane delays etc, yep, crappy, but well worth it.

Managed to meet up with the lovely ladies of London at a few of my favourite restaurants, Pearl Liang (with Jeannie & Joan), Sushi-Hiro (with Helena & Lisa) and Goldmine (with Lisa and a very pregnant Hsien). Well, Goldmine is not really my favourite, it's Eddie's and Brian's.

Because of our delayed arrival into London, we couldn't squeeze in an extra meal (lunch) on Day 1 and thus missed out on trying the new restaurant Haozhan that's been highly recommended by Lisa.

Who can see I'm passionate about food? :)

Nope, I didn't buy a single item of clothing for myself. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a charbor or not. Bought boxer shorts from M&S for the boys, loads of titbits from Chinatown, sweets and miso soup from Japan Centre, quite a number of books, 2 DVD sets (Indiana Jones trilogy and Planet Earth)...that's about it, nothing really for myself.

It felt so good to be in London again, after 7 months away. Really, really, good. Not dissing Moscow or anything, but just to hear English spoken everywhere, and of course, to get my hands on all those trashy tabloids...Yes, it was shiok!

Well, as I have said before, I'll say it once again, "London, I'll be back!"

.......................

The boys were none the worse from the 3 days of maternal neglect; in fact, they sounded a bit too chirpy and happy for my liking when I called them from London, hmmmm.....

No comments: