Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It sure is looking a heckuva lot like Christmas



Check out the snow-covered Moscow River. This picture was taken from my neighbour Dewi's apartment. Gosh, I love her apartment, it has a fantastic view. Unfortunately for me, Dewi will be moving to Hanoi in a couple of weeks, her husband works for the Dutch Embassy. She's been here 2 years, long enough to see the river turn to ice that's hard enough to walk and skate on.



I only realised the other day that they've installed a huge Christmas tree in the development's football field. When I took this photo, it was afternoon, and the temperature was -9 Celsius I think, and yet there were people hanging around the tree, siao si bor. In the middle of the field is a Russian nanny trying to get her tot back home.

Anyway, Christmas decorations are out in full-force all over Moscow, and definitely very evident in our development. Lots of lights and big Christmas trees. Hmmm, so why don't I feel the cheer?

6 comments:

Hsien-Hsien Lei, PhD said...

You need to put up a BIG tree, crank up the Christmas music, and DANCE

Lilian said...

Meh...

bACk in GERMANY said...

Where's the snow in Frankfurt?
December started off with April showers, and the temperature is so mild now at +9 deg C!

Bryan's been wanting to make a snow angel for so long!

Lilian said...

Walau-eh PP, you trying to make me spout out my Hokkien expletives is it???? Telling me about your mild winter in Frankfurt while auntie here is freezing her everything off.

Hmmm, EDB planning to set up office in Moscow or not? Bryan can make snow angels for months and months here.

Sarah said...

LOL. Who was the one laughing abt our posting to the cold Copenhagen? So far it only snowed for a few minutes a week ago and hardly any accumulated snow. Temp is lingering around 0deg C.. However, its all gloomy, wet and strong wind most of the days, if this warms you up a little.

Lilian said...

Hey, I wasn't the one laughing, Eddie was the one! Now you can laugh at him for the next 6 months!