Thursday, December 20, 2007

Home for the Holidays

Heading back to Malaysia...Truly Asia, tomorrow. Lots of logistics to arrange, cos we're landing in Singapore, staying a night to run some errands, then taking a cab to Malacca. A week or so later, we're driving to KL, staying there for a few days, then fly off to Kota Kinabalu for 8 days to see the in-laws. Have not been to KK in 2 years I think. We've booked a few nights at the Sutera Harbour Resort, and I'm still contemplating a 4D/3N stay with detox programme at a mountain resort.

I've been finding it hard psyching myself up for this trip. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. Year-end melancholy maybe, somebody slap me happy. The kids are mighty excited though.

I'm a little bummed that none of my buddies from Malacca will be back for Christmas. This group of Form 6 friends are about the only Malaccans I still keep in touch with and we're now emailing one another from all over the world; me in Moscow, Noel in Saigon, Chia Fong in Dubai, Yew Song in Shanghai, Andy in Singapore, Keng Kiong in Guangzhou, Chee Kong in KL but heading for Paris soon and Raymond in KL heading for Dubai permanently. That leaves my former partner-in-crime Lily the only one in Malaysia, and she's in KL building her dream bungalow.

Next year will be 20 years since we left school and in 2 years we all turn 40. Really strange where life has taken us.

Ommmm, think happy thoughts, Ommmmm....

In case I don't get online the next couple of weeks, I'd like to wish you, yes you, and you and you and you(yeah that's about right), a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

8 comments:

Hsien-Hsien Lei, PhD said...

Hope you have a better time than you're expecting. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. ;) Will try to save up the chitter chatter for when you return.

Shannon's Mummy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!

stef said...

Are you still 'home for the holidays'? Until CNY issit?

Lilian said...

Back in freezing Moscow...since noon yesterday. CNY will be spent here. How've you been?

stef said...

Missing you lor ... :)

Been alright. The holidays came and went, phew! I think I like the ordinary school day better, though always game for something fun in between. Holidays are just madness, hardly much thrill. Gone are the days when we were kids ...

I don't post very much, but still do. Hardly FB either. Oh no, hope I don't retreat into a hole! :)

Lilian said...

Hai...I feel the same way you do. No inclination to post nor go on FB. The hole's really cosy and comfy right?

stef said...

It sure is. I guess life is like that, sometimes. Seasons for pomp and rah-rah, and seasons for quiet contemplation.

Roslyn said...

Hi Lilian!

Thought you're still on hols.